A striking Victorian country house with separate annexe and office set within extensive grounds of approx 1.58 acres with rural views and a tennis court
• Approx 4227 sq ft including annexe, office and double garage
• Beautiful stonework surrounds the windows and various stained-glass features adorn the porch and entrance hall
• Cloak room
• Drawing room with open fireplace
• Kitchen/Breakfast room
• Amdega conservatory
• Family room
• Master bedroom with en suite
• 4 further bedrooms
• Family bathroom
• Detached double garage
• Annexe with kitchen, sitting room and bathroom
• Tennis Court
• In all approx. 1.58 acres
• Chatwood stands on a country lane on the edge of woodland. Mortimer village is about 2 miles away and has an excellent range of local facilities including a post office, village shops, pubs and a primary school. It also has a train station serving London Paddington within the hour.
• Several Independent schools are within easy reach including Daneshill (6.5 miles) and Wellington College (15 miles).
• Reading offers a more comprehensive range of amenities including a mainline station offering fast services to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
• Crossrail services from Reading are expected to start in the near future with two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) which will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• Oil fired central heating. Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
•Gigaclear ultra-fast fibre broadband is available.
• Council tax Band F 2020/2021 £2,691.42
• EPC is available upon request
• Local authority: West Berkshire. Telephone 01635 551111