A striking Victorian country house with separate annexe and office set within extensive grounds of approx 1.58 acres with rural views and a tennis court
• Approx 4227 sq ft including annexe, office and double garage
• Beautiful stonework surrounds the windows and various stained-glass features adorn the porch and entrance hall
• Cloak room
• Drawing room with open fireplace
• Kitchen/Breakfast room
• Amdega conservatory
• Family room
• Master bedroom with en suite
• 4 further bedrooms
• Family bathroom
• Detached double garage
• Annexe with kitchen, sitting room and bathroom
• Tennis Court
• In all approx. 1.58 acres
• Chatwood stands on a country lane on the edge of woodland. Mortimer village is about 2 miles away and has an excellent range of local facilities including a post office, village shops, pubs and a primary school. It also has a train station serving London Paddington within the hour.
• Several Independent schools are within easy reach including Daneshill (6.5 miles) and Wellington College (15 miles).
• Reading offers a more comprehensive range of amenities including a mainline station offering fast services to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December 2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• Oil fired central heating. Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
• Broadband provider currently BT. Gigaclear ultra-fast fibre broadband should be available from April 2018.
• Council tax Band F 2017/2018 £2,359.89
• EPC is available upon request
• Local authority: West Berkshire. Telephone 01635 551111