Woodlands Court, Ram Alley, Ashford Hill, Hampshire, RG19
A unique opportunity to buy an individual building plot with approximately 5.8 acres, including a manege, with the benefit of full planning permission for a substantial and striking barn style home of approximately 3,035 sq ft
• Planning permission granted on 23rd February 2018 for the demolition of existing equestrian buildings and replacement with 5 new dwellings of which Bramble Barn is one (marked 'Large Barn' on plan)
• Basingstoke and Deane Council application 17/03461/FUL
• Reception hall with atrium
• Kitchen/dining room
• Living room
• Family room
• Master bedroom suite with en suite bathroom & dressing room
• Guest bedroom with en suite shower room
• 2 further bedrooms
• Family bathroom
• Part 1 Class A Permitted development rights would also allow for further additions to the barn. Please ask the agent for further details.
• Extensive gardens and grounds of approx 5.816 acres (land coloured blue on the Promap plan)
• Additional 7 acres available by separate negotiation
• Attached double garage
• Pole barn which could be immediately converted into stables or lorry park
• The property is surrounded by open countryside and is well served by bridleways and footpaths
• A new water pipe is being installed so that the buyer can connect to mains water
• Private drainage. A new treatment plant is being installed for which there will be a part contribution • Oil fired central heating
• Connection to mains electricity available
• There are no CIL payments or S106 payments required.
• Local authority: Basingstoke and Deane. Telephone 01256 844 844
Situated off a bridle path, Bramble Barn is surrounded by farmland and is in an ideal location for those looking for a tranquil rural setting which is accessible. It lies about a mile from the village of Ashford Hill which is a small village situated in an outstanding rural location on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
The house is conveniently located for road links (A34, M4, M3) and rail commuting. Basingstoke is only 11 miles away with a mainline station to London, Waterloo in 45 minutes. Newbury and Reading are only 6 miles and 17 miles distant with stations servicing London, Paddington in about 55 and 30 minutes respectively. Crossrail services will start running from Reading in December 2019 with two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) which will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
Headley itself has a village shop and post office while the popular village of Kingsclere is only 3.5 miles away offering more varied facilities. Both Newbury and Basingstoke offer larger commercial and entertainment facilities. The surrounding countryside is renowned for its excellent walking and riding, in particular nearby Ashford Hill Woods and Meadow are a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The local area is served well by an excellent range of schooling for all requirements, in particular Cheam, Thorngrove, St Gabriel's, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Downe House and Elstree.