An amazing opportunity to purchase a character property which benefits from planning permission granting a two storey rear extension, situated in beautiful grounds of 2.67 acres.
• Planning permission granted on 19th April 2018 for a two storey extension
• West Berkshire Council application 17/03530/HOUSE
• Potential to convert kennels/cow shed/workshop
into a self-contained annexe, subject to planning permission.
• The property is on the edge of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is well served by
bridleways and footpaths
• 2.67 acres
• Separate strip of land on the south west boundary available by separate negotiation, 0.17 acres
• Mains water
• Private drainage
• Oil fired central heating
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre broadband is available.
• Council tax Band G 2018/19 £2921.19
Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
• EPC is available upon request
• Keepers Cottage is situated in Midgham, equidistant from Newbury and Pangbourne. The ground on which this property stands was once known as Balls Moor Close which can be traced back to the 15th Century when Nicholas Ball held land in Midgham.
• Keepers Cottage is believed to date back to the
beginning of the 18th Century, it spent around 150 years as a Blacksmiths and then later became the
game keepers cott age from the mid 19th Century
unti l 1946. Keepers Cott age has now been in the
same family since 1951. The house is unlisted but
registered with the Historical Environmental Register (H.E.R).
• Nearby Chapel Row has its own Café, pub and
• The M4 J13 & J12 are both just 8 miles, providing access to the West Country, London and airports.
• Thatcham station 2.6miles (Paddington from 52
• Reading station 12.9miles (Paddington from 31
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December
2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area,
including Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst &
Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield, Down House and Pangbourne College.