A recently renovated detached five bedroom house with stunning landscaped gardens
Grade II listed. Originally dating from the 18th
Century with early and late Victorian additions
together with a newly built two storey rear extension for which listed planning consent was granted in 2014
• Dining Hall
• Open planned Kitchen with part vaulted ceiling
• Bespoke Kitchen with electric Aga. Integrated
appliances including fridge/freezer and dishwasher
• Utility room
• Boot room
• Cloak room
• Sitting room with two sets of bi-fold doors leading onto a large terrace and garden beyond
• Family room
• Home work room
• Master bedroom with en suite bathroom and range of fitted wardrobes
• Guest bedroom with en suite shower room and range of fitted wardrobes
• 3 further bedrooms
• Shower room
• Mezzanine area currently used as a snug
• The Barn under the main thatched roof is traditionally timber framed with the original structural beams and has electric doors enabling vehicular access from the street.
• The garden has recently been beautifully landscaped providing a large flag stone laid terrace which is ideal for entertaining and is surrounded by a low level retaining wall which incorporates an open fire place and seating area to one side. Steps lead up onto an extensive lawned garden.
• Timber shed
• Barn and parking for three cars
• The village and neighbouring Aston Upthorpe are highly regarded and well equipped with post office, pub, garage, two churches, village hall and cricket club.
• The attractive market town of Wallingford is 4 miles away providing a full range of daily amenities and services including a large Waitrose, hospital,
doctors and dentists, individual and high street shops and several good restaurants. More extensive shopping facilities are found at Didcot, Oxford and Reading.
• Excellent local schools include Downe House, The Oratory, Moulsford, Cranford House, St Andrews as well as a wide choice of schools in Oxford and Abingdon including The Manor, Abingdon School, The Dragon, Headington, St. Edwards (Oxford) and Radley (near Abingdon).
• Didcot Station is about 4 miles away and there are regular services to Paddington taking approximately 40 minutes.
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December 2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four
an hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• All mains services are connected
• The current broadband provider is Talk Talk, however, BT Infinity is available in the village
• Council tax Band G 2018/2019 £2,984
• South Oxfordshire District Council 01235 422 422