An impressive recently extended family home with south facing rear gardens
• Extended in 2016 creating a large sitting room on the ground floor and stunning master bedroom on the first floor
• Reception hall
• Sitting room
• Dining room
• Kitchen Breakfast room
• Utility room
• Master bedroom with bath and en suite shower room
• 4 further bedrooms
• Two bathrooms (one en suite)
• Double garage with room above. Access is via a loft ladder, but a staircase could be installed subject to the necessary planning approval
• Gravel driveway providing ample off-road parking
• Lawned south facing rear garden which is private with high hedges and mainly laid to lawn with some terracing along the rear of the property
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating.
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre broadband is available at the property .
• Council tax Band F 2018/2019 £2,506.61
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
• The village of Upper Basildon sits on the edge of the Berkshire Downlands in an area of 'Outstanding Natural Beauty within close proximity to the riverside village of Pangbourne.
• The village itself offers a range of amenities including a parish church, community Post Office, highly regarded C of E primary school, and the popular Red Lion public house.
• The village also benefits from a modern village hall, which has become the centre for a variety of community sports and activities with its adjoining sports field and tennis courts.
• Bradfield College is located three miles from Upper Basildon and has excellent leisure, fitness and sports facilities including a large indoor swimming pool all of which are available for use by members of the public. The facilities also include squash, badminton courts, tennis courts, hockey and a 9-hole golf course.
• In addition to the Basildon C of E primary school, the area is also extremely well served by an excellent range of both state and private schooling, of particular note; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine.
• Transport links by both rail and road are excellent. The M4 (J12) is just 6 miles away, providing access to London and its airports. Train services can be accessed at Theale (London Paddington within the hour), Pangbourne (London Paddington within the hour) and Reading (London Paddington 27 minutes).
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December 2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, both state and private. Of particular note are St Andrews Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, Bradfield College, Down House, Pangbourne College, The Oratory, St Helens and St Katherines and Abingdon School.