Donnington Park, Donnington, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14
A rare opportunity to buy a substantial family house, offering peace and tranquillity with stunning riverside views. Situated on the outskirts of Newbury this modern property built in 2013 benefits from 16 acres of grounds including tennis court and indoor swimming pool.
• Built in 2013 to an outstanding level of specification and exacting standard throughout.
• Situated in a quiet and peaceful location overlooking the river Lambourn.
• 6 bedroom house with 6713 sq/ft of accommodation over three floors.
• Master bedroom suite with dressing room and en
suite. Breath-taking views can be enjoyed from the
room itself with the advantage of a vaulted ceiling,
equally you can step out onto the beautiful and
thoughtfully designed balcony.
• There are an additional 5 bedrooms including 2 ensuites and 2 further family bathrooms.
• The entrance hall provides access to all the principal reception rooms which offer direct access onto the terrace and all benefit from views across the grounds. The first and second floors are arranged around a bespoke staircase and galleried landing, a lift also provides access to the first floor.
• Versatile self-contained annexe with kitchen and
shower room. Currently used as a cinema room.
• Heated indoor swimming pool
• Tennis court
• Donnington Park House is set back and approached by a sweeping driveway with gravel drive and garaging.
• South facing rear garden in a beautiful setting backing onto the river Lambourn.
• In total over 16 acres.
• All mains services.
• BT Broadband available.
• Council tax Band H 2018/2019 £3,535.64
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
• Donnington Park House is situated on the edge of Donnington Village, a short distance from Newbury.
• Donnington is perhaps best known for the castle and also two excellent golf courses Donnington Grove and Donnington Valley. Waitrose is only a short distance and situated just before Newbury town centre.
• The M4 (J13) is just 3 miles away, providing access to the West Country, London and its airports. From where you can also access the A34 which runs from Winchester to Salford.
• Newbury Station is 2 miles away, there are regular services to Reading and Paddington. Paddington taking approximately 1 hour.
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December
2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area,
including Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College, Down House and Pangbourne College.