Situated in a tranquil hamlet, this period cottage with recent green oak extension benefits from the most incredible views overlooking open countryside
• Believed to date back to the early 19th century
• Extended in the 1990s
• Extended again in 2014 with green oak extension
• Drawing room with open fire
• Open plan Kitchen with dining room and family room
• Utility / boot room
• Master bedroom with en suite
• 2 further bedrooms
• Family shower room
• Double garage and workshop
• There is planning approval for the demolition of
existing garage to replace with new workshop/gym
with home office over. Planning was granted with
work to begin within 3 years of 29th June 2016.
West Berks 16/01823/HOUSE
• Gravel driveway providing off-road parking
• The south facing rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of well stocked beds and borders offering colour throughout the seasons. There is a terrace which can be accessed through double doors off the family room. The garden has stunning views over the neighbouring fields and Downland countryside beyond.
• Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil
fired central heating.
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre broadband is available at the property.
• Council tax Band G 2018/2019 £2,908.56
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
• The village of Quicks Green is a hamlet on the top of the hill situated between Upper Basildon and Ashampstead. An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty within close proximity to the riverside village of Pangbourne.
• Bradfield College is located 3.8 miles from South
Cottage and has excellent leisure, fitness and sports facilities including a large indoor swimming pool all of which are available for use by members of the public. The facilities also include squash, badminton courts, tennis courts, hockey and a 9 hole golf course.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, both state and private. Of particular note are St Andrews Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, The Downs School, Bradfield College, Down House, Pangbourne College, The Oratory, St Helens and St Katherines and Abingdon School.
• Transport links by both rail and road are excellent. The M4 (J12) is just 6 miles away, providing access to London and its airports. Train services can be accessed at Theale (London Paddington within the hour), Pangbourne (London Paddington within the hour) and Reading (London Paddington 27 minutes).
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December
2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
(All times and distances are approximate)
• Sat Nav for RG8 8SN