An impressive modern country house set in approximately 2.78 acres with far reaching views over rolling countryside
Master Bedroom suite with dressing room and ensuite • Three further double bedrooms all with ensuites
Stunning reception hall 26 ft long with its sweeping staircase rising to a galleried landing with a bespoke curvedand carved hardwood bannister • Feature Kitchen/Breakfast room
• Utility • Family room • Dining Room
• Drawing Room • Playroom • Conservatory
Double Garage with twin electric up and over doors
Potential to convert the top floor into additional accommodation subject to the necessary planning consents. Plans for this work are available on request.
Swimming pool and stable blocks
Unspoiled views of farmland
In all about 2.78 acres of Garden
• Built in 2003 and constructed to the highest
standards by the well-known builders, Donfield.
• Situated in a quiet and peaceful location with
magnificent views over the open countryside
• The high specification improvements to the
• Gigaclear Fibre Broadband - symetric 1000G
upload and download • Fibre cabling between
Annex and Main House • Cat 7 cabling
throughout main house and annex, patch panels
in main house, loft, ground floor and annex •
Ethernet sockets in every room and behind every
TV • Wifi access points in ceiling in each room
• Loxone Music Server with 14 zones and Bose
in-ceiling speakers in all rooms in main house,
with 4 external speakers to patio • Music system
integrated with burglar alarm and gate/door bells
to sound alarms etc
• Loxone home automation system installed • iPad
control mounted in hall and landing • System
controllable by any iPhone or Android device •
Local control of lighting scenes, music, blinds and
security systems from touchpads installed in all
rooms • Automated blinds & shading installed
in utility room, kitchen, landing, family room,
master bedroom, guest bedroom, childrens
bedrooms and all ensuites • Automated 100%
blackout blinds installed in all bedrooms.
• New solar safety cover installed in 2017 • New
pool pump (2017) • Pool pipework in ground
replaced and upgraded (2017) • New pool filter
• 12X external CCTV cameras covering the entire
house perimeter and outside the gate • Motion
sensors in every room of main house and annex
• Keypad entry on main house front door, rear
door, conservatory door, annex door and garages
• External motions sensors throughout perimeter
• Security lighting across entire perimeter.
Decoration & Building Works
• All rooms in main house and annex taken back
to plaster and repainted - ceilings and walls.
All glosswork repainted • Family Room / Kitchen
doorway widened • New kitchen installed.
All Miele appliances • New downstairs WC.
• 3x new bathroom ensuites • All flooring (except
hallway) replaced • All radiators replaced.
• 3x new bi-fold doors in kitchen, family room,
hall • New secure back door, conservatory door
and annex door • New wooden automated gate
installed • New woodburning stove installed
in main drawing room • New ducted air
conditioning installed in annex, conservatory,
kitchen, hall/landing and master bedroom, guest
and childrens 1+2 bedrooms • Brand new diesel
generator capable of running the house during
Upper Basildon, West Berkshire
• The village of Upper Basildon sits on the
edge of the Berkshire Downlands in an area
of Outstanding Natural Beauty within close
proximity to the riverside village of Pangbourne.
• The village itself offers a range of amenities
including a parish church, community Post Office,
highly regarded C of E primary school, and the
popular Red Lion public house.
• The village also benefits from a modern village
hall, which has become the centre for a variety of
community sports and activities with its adjoining
sports field and tennis courts.
• Bradfield College is located three miles from
Upper Basildon and has excellent leisure, fitness
and sports facilities including a large indoor
swimming pool all of which are available for
use by members of the public. The facilities also
include squash, badminton courts, tennis courts,
hockey and a 9-hole golf course.
• Transport links by both rail and road are excellent.
The M4 (J12) is just 6 miles away, providing access
to London and its airports. Train services can be
accessed at Theale (London Paddington within
the hour), Pangbourne (London Paddington
within the hour) and Reading (London Paddington
• Crossrail services from Reading: From December
2019, two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an
hour at peak time) will allow passengers to travel
right through central London without having to
• There are a wide range of schools in the area,
both state and private. Of particular note are St
Andrews Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory
School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory
School, Bradfield College, Down House,
Pangbourne College, The Oratory, St Helens and
St Katherines and Abingdon School.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired
• Connecti on to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre
broadband is available at the property.
• Council tax Band H 2018/2019 £3,470.70
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council.
Telephone 01635 551111
• Sat Nav for RG8 8SY
Fixtures & Fittings
• Only those menti oned in these sales parti culars
are included in the sale. All others, such as
fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden
ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but
may be made available by separate negotiation.
T: 01635 242 050