An impressive Grade II listed barn conversion set in approximately 6.5 acres with far reaching views over rolling countryside and excellent equestrian facilities.
• Originally part of Parsonage Farm, Parsonage Farm Barn is a striking barn conversion completed in 2002 which provides modern and contemporary living accommodation set in an idyllic rural position in an area which is designated An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• The barn benefits from an impressive galleried entrance hall with beautiful oak staircase, drawing room with ceiling to floor glazing and French doors opening out onto a decked terrace and a large games room complete with raised dancefloor area and lighting. Of particular note is the dining room with ceiling to floor glazing, providing exquisite views over the garden and to the horizon beyond. There is also a spa, which includes a hot tub and sauna. The kitchen benefits from black granite worktops, hard wood cabinetry and top of the range fitted appliances. Again the kitchen has spectacular views over the gardens and beyond.
• The first and second floors provide generous bedroom accommodation interspersed with galleried landing spaces which give a great sense of space. The master bedroom includes an en suite bathroom and dressing room. There is an impressive second bedroom with en suite shower room and an internal staircase which leads to a galleried landing space and a large dressing room. Additionally, there are three further double bedrooms, served by a large family bathroom.
• Parsonage Farm Barn is approached through electric wooden gates which open onto an impressive and sweeping gravel driveway leading down to the house.
• The equestrian facilities are suberb and include 8 loose boxes, a yard, a tack room and an office. Additionally, there is a ménage and paddocks.
• Leading directly from the house to the rear is an attractive decked area with views over the gardens and land. The gardens wrap around the house and include a formal lawn with a bespoke sunken garden directly on the banks of the River Pang, with views over the paddocks beyond which have been sewn with wild flowers. There is ample parking for cars in front of the barn as well as a triple garage. Previous planning was granted for a separate triple garage and annex but not implemented.
Frilsham, West Berkshire
• Parsonage Farm Barn can be found on the edge of Frilsham, overlooking an area designated as of
Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Frilsham itself is well known for the The Pot Kiln public house, while the nearby pretty village of
Yattendon has a village shop/post office, village hall, primary school, a butchers, and a further public house in The Royal Oak. Pangbourne has an excellent range of local shops and services including a convenience store, a specialist cheese shop and popular pubs and restaurants. Reading and Newbury provide a more extensive range of facilities.
• Transport links by both rail and road are excellent. The M4 (J13) is just 5 miles away and junction 12, 10 miles, providing access to London and its airports. Train services can be accessed at Theale (London Paddington within the hour), Pangbourne (London Paddington within the hour) and Reading (London Paddington 27 minutes).
• Crossrail services from Reading are due to open imminently with two Elizabeth line trains an
house (four an hour at peak time) which will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, both state and private including being in the catchment area for the highly regarded Downs School at Compton. Private schools include Harriett House Montessori School, St Andrews Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, Bradfield College, Downe House, Pangbourne College, St Helens and St Katherines and Abingdon School.
• Mains water and electricity. Private drainage, Oil fired central heating with Calor gas to the kitchen
hob. Underfloor heating is installed throughout the barn.
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre broadband is available at the property.
• Council tax Band H 2019/2020 £3,666.62
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
• Postcode: RG18 9UY
• Please note the property is Curtilage Listed as formerly part of Parsonage Farmhouse. Therefore
any future building works on the barn will require Listed planning consent.
Fixtures & Fittings
• Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted
carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made
available by separate negotiation.
T: 01635 242 050