A wonderful spacious family home set in a sought-after quiet location, close to country walks including National Trust woodland.
Barons Keep is a large, private, detached individual family house providing plenty of accommodation that works well for a family. It offers good sized, well-proportioned rooms including a 31 sitting room with wood burning stove, a generous dining room, fitted study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility and cloakroom on the ground floor. Upstairs all the bedrooms are doubles with the main bedroom having an en suite and there is a family bathroom.
The house is beautifully approached through a 5-bar gate beyond which is a large area of drive providing private parking and access to the garage. To one side of the drive there is an area of lawn and the house is well screened from the lane by mature trees and hedging. The rear garden is very level and therefore provides a large useable space with an area of lawn to one side of which is a wide brick laid terrace providing a private and sunny area for outside entertaining and dining.
NB: There are Solar PV panels installed - these would be transferred to the new owners with full FIT tariff of (currently - inflation adjusted) 54p per kWh with capacity of 3.75kW. Generation approx. 2800kWh a year (approx. £1500 FIT return). They were installed late 2011, giving a remaining period of 17 years from the FIT 25 years.
Highclere, North Hampshire
• Barons Keep is situated within the much sought after village of Highclere which is within easy reach of the A34, M4 and mainline trains stations at Newbury and Whitchurch.
• In recent years, the village has become best known for playing host to Downton Abbey at nearby Highclere Castle, the home of Lord and Lady Carnarvon.
• There are many excellent restaurants and pubs in the area including The Red House and The Yew Tree which are within the village itself.
• In nearby Woolton Hill, there is a well regarded infant and junior school. Other schools in the area include Thorngrove, Cheam, St Gabriels, Horris Hill, Elstree, Farleigh, Marlborough College, Bradfield College and Downe House.
• Newbury offers a wide range of shops and recreational facilities with the Parkway Shopping centre hosting many well-known stores including John Lewis. There is also a Waitrose, a cinema, various gyms and golf clubs and the famous Newbury Racecourse.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating.
• BT 40mb broadband available.
• Council tax Band G £2,872.93
• Local authority: Basingstoke & Deane. Telephone 01256 844844