Waylands is an impressive, detached property, originally built in 2004 by Thames Vale Homes as two separate houses and made into one by the current owners, situated in the highly sought-after village of Highclere.
Originally built in 2004 as two separate houses,
Wayands is a substantial village home with flexible living space providing accommodation suitable for home working, multi-generational families and entertaining. The house has five bedrooms, three of which have en suites and five reception rooms, with total accommodation in excess of 4000 sq ft.
Outside, the house is beautifully approached
through electric iron gates which open out onto a
large gravel driveway providing parking for several cars and a triple bay garage with office above. The rear gardens are private and mostly laid to lawn with a mixture of mature trees and there is a heated swimming pool and hot tub.
• Waylands is situated in the village of Highclere
and surrounded by beautiful countryside and
woodland. The village also has the benefit of
The Red House and The Yew Tree pub and
restaurants. Thorngrove, which is an independent
family prep school is only a short distance away.
The neighbouring village of Woolton Hill has
the well-regarded St Thomas Infant School and
Woolton Hill Junior School. Woolton Hill also has
a village shop and post office, pub, church, village
hall and playground.
• Newbury is 5 miles away, the A34 is about a mile away which also provides access to the M4 (J13), giving access to the West Country, London and airports.
• Newbury Station is about 5 miles away,
there are regular services to London Paddington
taking approximately 50 minutes.
• Crossrail services from Reading are due to open
imminently with two Elizabeth line trains an
hour (four an hour at peak time) which will allow
passengers to travel right through central London
without having to change trains.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area,
including Thorngrove which is within walking
distance, Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst &
Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College,
Downe House and Pangbourne College.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired
• BT and Sky superfast broadband are available.
• Council tax 2021/2022 Band G £3,015.16
• Local authority: Basingstoke & Deane. Telephone 01256 844844
• Postcode: RG20 9RD