A substantial four bedroom detached family home with a lovely private west facing 90ft rear garden located within walking distance of a very good primary school and with the village stores/post office almost directly opposite.
Dating back to 1937, Mulberry House has been extended and renovated by the current owners over the last nine years to include a new kitchen and master bedroom upstairs, new windows and doors, a new gas boiler, new bathroom and the creation of an external home office. This well presented and generously proportioned home has accommodation suitable for both entertaining and home working. The house has four double bedrooms and four reception rooms, the drawing room and sitting room both benefit from wood burning stoves.
Outside, the property is approached via a gravel drive providing parking for a number of cars. To the rear the private west facing garden is approximately 90ft long and is mainly laid to lawn with a large, paved terrace.
Cold Ash, West Berkshire
• The village has 2 pubs, post office, tennis club, cricket club, church, two popular primary schools and easy access to well respected secondary schools.
• There are also a wide range of independent schools in the area, including Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College, Downe House and Pangbourne College.
• The more comprehensive amenities of Newbury and Reading are 4 and 14 miles respectively, and the M4 (J13) and A34 are just 3 miles away.
• Newbury, Thatcham and Theale all have mainline stations (Paddington line) and Crossrail services from Reading are expected to start in the near future with two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak time) which will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• All mains services are connected.
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre broadband is available at the property.
• Council tax Band F 2021/2022 £2,778.34
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
• RG18 9PJ