An impressive country house situated in a beautiful position with 7.28 acres of mature grounds and woodland. Burton House and Burton Lodge, which is a separate 3 bedroom cottage were both built in the 1930s.
Built in 1937, Burton House is located in a secluded position and surrounded by beautiful grounds which can be enjoyed from an elevated position. This individual family home which has excellent accommodation retains many of the original features such as the fireplaces, doors and picture windows.
In the main house, the ground floor has an impressive reception hall which creates a striking impression upon entering the house. The drawing room with open fire and family room with wood burning stove are situated on the left hand side. The kitchen is on the opposite side of the house, there is an Aga, pantry and space for a breakfast table and chairs. There is also a dining room with open fireplace, study, boot room and cloakroom.
The cellar has a utility room and has a door leading to the garden.
Upstairs there are 5 double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The master suite has a dressing room and en suite with bath and separate shower.
Burton Lodge is positioned at the front of the driveway, a 3 bedroom cottage with a sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room.
A gravel driveway leads to the house, with separate access to the lodge, there is plenty of parking in front of the house and the double garage.
The property is surrounded by beautiful mature trees, including Scots pine, birch and oak, there are also plenty of azaleas, rhododendrons, hydrangeas and roses creating the most incredible colours throughout the grounds. The garden faces south and west, the terrace wraps around the house and leads towards the swimming pool which has its own changing room and sauna. A garden room to the side of the pool is perfect for outdoor entertaining and comes with a spa bath. In all, there is over 7 acres of grounds which also includes the woodland, a wildflower meadow, an orchard with soft fruit trees and stunning lake which can be seen from the house as well as the summer house. Tucked away at the front of the property is a garden machinery barn, and there are also a greenhouse and potting shed.
• Burton House is situated on the edge of Newtown Common and the village of Burghclere, just 3 miles away from Newburytown centre, yet surrounded by beautiful countryside and woodland. Burghclere village has a church, village hall and The Carpenters Arms pub and restaurant.
• Newbury is 3 miles away, the A34 is about a mile away which provides access to the M4 (J13), giving access to the West Country, London and airports.
• Newbury Station is about 3 miles away, there are regular services to London Paddington taking approximately 50 minutes. Whitchurch station is 9 miles away and has a train service to Waterloo.
• Crossrail services from Reading will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, including Horris Hill, Thorngrove, St. Gabriels, Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College, Downe House and Pangbourne College.
(All times and distances are approximate)
• Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil fired central heating.
• Council Tax
Burton House - Band H
Burton Lodge - Band D
• Local authority: Basingstoke & Deane. Telephone 01256 844844