A beautifully presented, modern 4 bedroom detached family home, situated on the edge of Donnington, a popular village close to Newbury town centre.
A generous block paved driveway provides plenty of off road parking to the front of Elder Cottage, steps and a porch lead to the front door.
The entrance hall sweeps through the centre of the house giving access to all of the principal rooms, a brand new, fully appointed kitchen is situated at the front of the house, this connects to the boot room which has an external door to the front of the house. The study/playroom is also positioned to the front, with a cloak room/utility in between. Both the sitting room and dining room are at the back of the property, both with doors leading to the rear garden.
Upstairs the master bedroom has a shower en suite, there is a large family bathroom for the other 3 bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is currently fitted as a dressing room, but could easily be made back into a fourth bedroom.
Outside, the current owners have built a home office/studio which is fully equipped with power and light. The private rear garden has been
landscaped, a terrace wraps around the property offering little maintenance, enclosed with closed board wooden fencing and shrubbed borders.
• Donnington is perhaps best known for the castle and also two excellent golf courses Donnington Grove and Donnington Valley. Waitrose is only a short distance and situated just before Newbury town centre.
• The market town of Newbury offers a wide range of amenities including a main line rail link to London Paddington, a theatre, cinema, gyms and a large range of retail outlets. The area also benefits from excellent connections to the M4 and the A34, offering access to London, Reading, Oxford, Swindon, Basingstoke, the West Country, the Midlands and the south coast.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, both state and private. Of particular note are Falkland Primary School, St. Bartholomews Secondary School, Park House Secondary School, Thorngrove, Cheam, St.Gabriels, Downe House, Horris Hill and Bradfield College.
• RG14 3AG
• All mains services.
• Broadband Superfast fibre broadband available.
• Council tax Band E 2021/2022 £2,338.00
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
Fixtures and Fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.